9 December 2014

Baby Blessing




Cohen was one day shy of five months old on the day of his baby blessing.

In the weeks leading up to it, I thought about it constantly. What would he wear? What would I wear? Could we have people come over to our house afterwards? What food would we serve?

Once those questions were answered (pants, a white dress shirt and bow tie; something I could breast feed in that would go with the boys' outfits; no, our place is too small and Dash is too crazy around new people; a long list of items I pinned to a secret board on Pinterest), there was the small (not) matter of getting it all done.

I looked all over the place for a simple white shirt and a basic little bow tie. I ended up getting this one on sale and found a bow tie in his closet (it was part of a little outfit he was given - the shirt was much too big but the bow tie was perfect!) and he wore a pair of grey corduroys that were actually the first article of clothing I bought for him while still pregnant.

Some very generous friends let us use their home for our little gathering and were so helpful!

I started with a very long list of food to serve, but it was quite overwhelming. Thankfully, I have great friends who pitched in and made some treats as well. You really can't do it all on your own! I think we ended up with a nice spread - pretzel bites, chocolate cake, peach cobbler, Thai veggie wraps, cranberry goat cheese crostini, a chocolate fountain, and more! I only wish we had taken pictures of the food.

The day was lovely. I was very busy that morning, getting things prepared, but by the time we got to the church everything went well. Cohen cried during the entire blessing. What a kid! A friend offered to write down what was mentioned during the blessing and I took her up on it. I am so glad I did! It will be nice to look back on.

We are so lucky to be Cohen's parents. We could not have asked for a better kid! And we're all so lucky to have such great friends in our lives - thank you!


^ I'm so glad we thought to take a few pictures before we left the house that morning! I had intended to take a family picture, but never did.
^ Ugh, this picture is just so sweet.
^ Look at that face. I love it!
^ Oh yeah, he spent most of the day naked because he pooped all over his specially picked out outfit and his mother forgot to pack a backup. Oops!







1 comment: